Friday 11 November 2016

Holiday Robin Flip-It Card

Good morning friends

It's Flip-It Friday here on my blog, and I have a Christmas card to share today using a 5 x 7" Flip-It die from Sizzix.


The patterned paper has lovely gold foil bits in it.



I fussy cut the left side of the banner, stopping when I reached the edge of the panel on the right side of the card. Then I adhered it to the card being mindful of the score lines and folds. It was sort of a whim to try it and I'm happy with how it turned out.

On a personal note, yesterday was a better day. I still sleep for at least an hour after every pain pill but my neighbour (who has had 51 surgeries in her life) says sleep is the best way to heal. I was able to get in and out of bed without assistance so that's a big step forward. The Dr. gave me a note to give to my employer, that I would need to be off work for two weeks. So I guess I need to give it more time, - I'm only a few days into my recovery.

That same neighbour brought me over some Magnesium Oil Spray and it worked wonders on my back spasms.

I received a gorgeous bouquet of flowers from friends down here so that really made my day yesterday too.

Ok - I'm sure it's time for another sleep.

Supplies:
5 x 7 Circle Flip-It - Sizzix
White card stock
Patterned paper - DCWV
Stitched ovals - My Favorite Things
Stamps - Verve
Gold gel pen - Sakura

Card size - 5 x 7"

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card.
    I had gall bladder surgery many years ago and remember sleeping a lot. It is truly the best medicine. Take it easy and don't rush things. Sending healing thoughts. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fabulous paper to use for this card, love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish you feel better soon! Your card is beautiful!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen