Sunday 11 December 2016

Clean and Simple Christmas Card

Good morning friends

If you follow my blog, you may have noticed I rarely post cards in the order I make them. So when I pulled out that Snow Drifts Cover Plate that I'd barely used, this is the first card I made with it. I wanted to get a feel for how the die worked, so stuck to a mostly white card.


The little tree layers comes on it's own little die (set of 3 trees for one easy pass) so I cut them from green card stock and inlaid them into the openings. They each got some glimmer using my Wink of Stella pen.

Before attaching the layers to my card though, I ran the pieces through with a snowfall looking embossing folder to give the card a bit of texture.



When I was finished, I was able to see some potential with this die and I hope to play with it a little more this holiday season.

****NOTE:  I have decided to move my cards and paper crafting to Painted Mountain Cards in the New Year. I've been toying around with the idea for a long while, and this seems like a good time to make the change. I will leave this blog open, as there are frequent hits from Pinterest and over 5 years worth of cards etc to reference.

Supplies:
White card stock
Snow Drifts Cover plate - Papertrey Ink
Green card stock - Stampin' Up
Snowy Embossing Folder - Stampin' Up
Wink of Stella
Inside stamp - Lawn Fawn
Red fine point marker

Card size - A2

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. schlicht und edel schaut die aus,,,sehr schön

    wünsche noch einen schönen ABEND
    bis bald die BIRGIT aus TIROL

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the all white with just a pop of green

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen