Sunday 4 December 2016

Four 'White on White' Christmas Cards

Good morning friends

I have decided to move my cards and paper crafting to Painted Mountain Cards in the New Year. I've been toying around with the idea for a long while, and this seems like a good time to make the change. I will leave this blog open, as there are still a lot of hits from Pinterest and over 5 years worth of cards etc to reference.

Onto today's share ...

I was hunting through my embossing folders for something specific, and these three snowflake ones caught my eye. I had my package of white pearl paper still out from a different project, so decided to make some white on white holiday cards.


These two are identical. I LOVE the way embossing folders work on pearlized card stock. I added some ECD Glitter Dots, and cut the label mat out of glitter paper. The words (outside and in) were platinum heat embossed.



This card got a die cut deer, as well as the heat embossed sentiment.


I had to add a small red Glitter Dot to the deer's nose.


Here is the final card with the heat embossed greeting on the front and a single Glitter Dot.


The inside of all four cards are the same as below.



Supplies:
Linen cards and envelopes - stash
Northern Flurry Embossing Folder - Stampin' Up
Distressed Snow Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
Large Snowflake with Dots Embossing Folder - Sizzix
White pearl card stock - Gina K
Blueprints #24 - MFT Stamps
Glimmer Paper - Stampin' Up
Words were heat embossed with Platinum embossing powder
Words - Hero Arts
Fun foam
Deer - Papertrey Ink
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Words inside - Papertrey Ink
Clear Double Sided Adhesive, 1/8" width

Card size - all, A2

Thanks for stopping by today

6 comments:

  1. Karen, these white on white cards are absolutely gorgeous, especially with the platinum embossing and the glitter label mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I really love white-on-white cards and these are so dramatic and elegant. Do you know if the Large Snowflake with Dots Embossing Folder is retired? I can't find it on the Sizzix site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana ... unfortunately I have no idea whether or not the folder is retired. You can't order from the Sizzix website in Canada, so that folder was probably purchased at a Hobby Lobby when visiting the US or at Michaels here in Canada. Oh, and I think I may have found a couple of embossing folders at Walmart here in Canada years ago - not sure if they still carry them. I know when I bought that particular folder, on-line paper craft shopping wasn't something I did so it would have come from an actual store. Sorry I can't help more. Oh - maybe Ebay would have a used one that someone wants to part with?

      Delete
  3. These cards are so beautiful and make pleasure to have a look at them!
    Elma !

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, I always love the look of white on white cards and these are no exception :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen