Sunday 25 December 2016

Red Deer Christmas Cards

Good morning friends

I've had a bunch of posts scheduled, so I can spend time with friends and family this week. I will be hosting the family today for our traditional Christmas Day ... we keep it very casual and everyone loves it. The morning starts off with fruit salad with a white chocolate sauce and fresh home-made muffins. Food is put out and as family arrives they just dig in. Once everyone is here and fed, we will open gifts. We used to wait longer for this but with the Grandkids it's more fun to open them earlier in the day. Love watching the kiddo's - love love love.

We don't cook a big turkey dinner - my brother looks after that on Christmas Eve. Here we have the Food Table. Ha! Lots of snacky things, with hot appy's throughout the day. We eat and visit and play and snack and then eat some more. Food is out for anyone to help themselves with whatever they want.

I have the table all set with the serving dishes, and pretty paper plates & napkins. The kids used to laugh at me, but once they got old enough to help they appreciate this - and still do. Inside all the dishes is a little piece of paper with what food item goes in that bowl/plate/platter. The first people to arrive help me and we get the veggies/dip, crackers/cheeses/salami's served. Then, while they enjoy their breakfast I put out the rest of the goodies.

If it's not too cold, everyone goes for a walk, sometimes more than one! This year, we have a chair lift so everyone (including my Mom and myself) can get down to the basement. We have a wonderful play-room set up for the Grandkids and they love to go down and play. There is a table and chairs set up near the play area so whoever wants to play a game, can. Hardly any dishes, once the prep work is done - it's an easy relaxing day for everyone.

The family come dressed for comfort, and it's a happy day that we all spend together. One year we thought we'd be more traditional, and I cooked a turkey dinner instead of putting on the Food Table. While we enjoyed the meal - it was not the same and the vote to return to our way of celebrating Christmas Day was unanimous!


Today's share are Christmas cards with a red deer on the front. Just some quick and easy cards made with holiday print patterned papers and dies.





If you celebrate Christmas, I wish you a very Merry one. If not, I wish you a very happy day.

***NOTE:  I will be moving my cards and paper crafting to Painted Mountain Cards in the New Year. I've been toying around with the idea for a long while, and this seems like a good time to make the change. I will leave this blog open, as there are frequent hits from Pinterest and over 5 years worth of cards etc to reference.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - stash
7010 Glitter Lines - Elizabeth Craft Designs
White card stock
Wavy Label Framelits - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Words inside - Papertrey Ink

Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. hope your Christmas was very nice! Gorgeous card!
    elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen